- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice plus 1 tablespoon (3 limes)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 32 medium prawns, peeled and deveined (tail on)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 8 slivers, each about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grates
- 2 bunches watercress (about 12 ounces), tough stems trimmed
- Make glaze: In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup lime juice, rum, sugar, and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; stir into lime-juice mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Thread Prawns onto 8 skewers, using 4 prawns per skewer. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Thread mango slivers onto 4 skewers, using 2 pieces per skewer. Brush prawns and mango all over with glaze.
- Heat grill to medium-high; oil grates. Place prawns and mango skewers on grill; cook, turning once, until blackened in spots and prawns are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon lime juice with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Add watercress; toss to coat.
- To serve, divide watercress among four plates; top each with 2 prawns skewers and 1 mango skewer.
Recipe from – marthastewart.com