1 tbs olive oil
1kg gravy beef, excess fat trimmed
175g pkt short-cut bacon rashers, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
800g can diced Italian tomatoes
250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
2 dried bay leaves
600g fresh lasagne sheets, cut lengthways into 2.5cm-wide strips
Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the beef for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a flameproof casserole dish. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Step 2Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Cook bacon, celery, carrot, onion and garlic, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add to the casserole dish.
- Step 3Add tomato, stock, wine and bay leaves to the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Step 4Use tongs to remove the beef from the dish. Shred the beef and return to the dish.
- Step 5Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- Step 6Add pasta to the dish. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Divide among serving bowls. Top with parmesan.
Recipe from taste.com.au